EducationGordon College 2013, GPA 3.09, BA in Psychology
ExperiencePrivate Tutor 2005-Present
•Privately tutors students from college essay preparation to completion
•Privately tutors students on producing high-quality term papers (up to 15 pages) from collecting research, to deciding a topic, developing a thesis statement, organizing research, and completing the assignment
•Privately tutors students on improving writing skills through 3-5 page paper assignments
•Privately tutors Algebra I, II, and Geometry
Paraprofessional, Manchester High School West
March 2010-April 2012
• Followed Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) and behavior management plans for students with special needs (students coded with: emotionally handicapped (EH), autism (particularly nonverbal), English language learners (ELL), intellectual disabilities (ID), emotional/behavioral disabilities (EBD), and learning disabilities (LD))
• Assisted with the Graduation Opportunities (GO) Manchester Online Learning lab within the school to increase the graduation rate and utilize tutoring and afterschool initiatives, tutoring all relevant subjects (2010-2012)
• Managed Graduation Opportunities (GO) Manchester online credit recovery lab for eight weeks, tutoring all relevant subjects
• Coached Manchester High School West Blue Knights Color Guard of the Marching Band, with a particular interest in academic transitions into high school and high school post-graduation (2011-2012 Academic School Year)
• Volunteered for Saturday School Initiative and after-school study hall/detention to tutor all relevant subjects (2010-2011)
• Supported Manchester, NH Extended School Year program as a 1:1 paraprofessional with a behavioral, nonverbal autistic student in a classroom setting with other “low functioning” autistic students (Summers 2010 and 2011)
• Collaborated with athletic coaches to maintain the good academic standing of their athletes
Coordinator of College Access Program
Fall 2011-Spring 2011
Manchester High Schools West and Central
• Collaborated with community partners to lead a college access pilot program for immigrant, refugee, and under-represented youth in the district
• Engaged students through career exploration, college searching, admissions and financial aid processes with the goal of developing and completing a personal College Plan and increasing graduation rates
• Facilitated service learners from area colleges to increase community engagement and enhance service learners’ ability to lead, learn, and serve within the communities where they attend school
• Integrated paid student leaders in the program to generate an empowerment-based structure
• Created and developed a college access curriculum on a weekly basis with the participation of student leaders and service learners from area colleges
HobbiesI love to read and come up with lesson plans for new ways to teach English. My most recent class I developed was teaching literacy through the use of hip hop.
I love music, especially hip hop and jazz (which, believe it or not, both come from the same place).
I also have a black lab puppy and I just love dogs.
10th Grade math, 1st Grade math, 2nd Grade math, 3rd Grade math, 4th Grade math, 5th Grade math, 6th Grade math, 7th Grade math, 8th Grade math, 9th Grade math, Algebra 1, Algebra 2, Arithmetic, Elementary Algebra, Elementary Math, Geometry, Intermediate Algebra, Middle School Math, Pre-Algebra, ACCUPLACER Arithmetic, ACCUPLACER Elementary Algebra, ACCUPLACER Reading Comprehension, ACCUPLACER Sentence Skills, ASVAB, GED, African-American History, American History, Organization, Writing, Psychology, Social Work
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.